Apple and Nutmeg Pancakes
Recipe created by @whatchewlookingat
This autumnal pancake recipe is perfect for cosy weekend brunches or as a weekday pick me up. Refined-sugar free and packed with fruit, it’s a delicious way to get a nutritious boost during the chillier months.
A generous drizzle of the ultra-low glycaemic YaconViva! Yacon Syrup will keep your blood sugar steady and ensure you are satisfied until lunch.
Ingredients to serve one
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups oat milk
- Half a finely chopped/grated apple
For the compote
- 1 peeled and chopped apple
- 1 tsp YaconViva Yacon Syrup
- 2 tbsp water
For the toppings
- 6-8 fresh blackberries
- A handful of your favourite granola
- Firstly, blitz the oats with a hand whisk / food processor to make oat flour.
- Blend the flour with the egg, baking powder and oat milk until smooth, adding more oat milk if needed.
- Add the finely chopped apple to the mixture, and set-aside for now.
- To make the compote, chop and peel the apple. Add it to a pan with the YaconViva Yacon Syrup and 2 tablespoons of water and cook on a low heat until the apple is softened (around 10 - 15 minutes). Add a drizzle of water every time the water has evaporated until the apple is soft.
- Cook the pancakes in a large frying pan at a medium heat and stack on top of each other.
- Serve piled high, with the apple compote on top, fresh blackberries, nutmeg, granola, and a generous drizzle of YaconViva Yacon Syrup. Enjoy!