Recipe: Healthy Yacon Flapjacks
Our feelgood YaconViva flapjacks are the perfect healthy snack for you and the family.
Made with natural and organic YaconViva Yacon Syrup, and packed with pumpkin seeds, these chewy flapjacks are bound to get everyone’s mouths watering.
YaconViva is the perfect natural alternative to sugar and is incredibly versatile, making it the ideal swap.
Healthy YaconViva Flapjacks:
Makes: 12 flapjacks
100g butter, cubed plus extra for greasing
150g YaconViva Yacon Syrup
50g pumpkin seeds
50g dried cranberries
250g porridge oats
1 large free-range egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Lightly oil a shallow 20cm/8in loose-based square cake tin and line the base and sides of the tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Take off the heat and stir in the seeds, cranberries, raisins, almonds and oats. Stir in the egg.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and press until well flattened. It’s important that the oats are pressed well, so that they stay firm enough to cut when baked. Use the back of a metal spoon to make sure they are fully compressed.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until golden and lightly browned around the edges.
- Mark the flapjack into 12 pieces without cutting all the way through, this will make it easier to cut the flapjack when it's cool. Leave until cold then cut the flapjack with a sharp knife.