Perfect for Halloween, these gloriously oozing Salted Caramel Stuffed Cookies are the ideal trick or treat snack!
Created in partnership with @feedingthegram and made with low sugar YaconViva Cacao Nibs and Yacon Syrup, these cookies are the perfect alternative to sweets this year.
To make the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 4 tbsp YaconViva Yacon Syrup
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- Large pinch of sea salt
- Place all the ingredients into a pan over a medium-low heat and stir for around 5 to 8 minutes until melted down in a smooth sauce.
- Pour into a container and freeze overnight.
To make the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 140g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 120ml YaconViva Yacon Syrup
- 200g YaconViva Cacao Nibs
- 4tbsp Plantbased milk of your preference
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Method to make five cookies
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together.
- Combine both mixtures and mix until a dough like consistency is formed.
- Once it’s dough like, form it into a large ball and keep in the fridge for a one to two hours until the dough is cold.
Method to make the Salted Caramel Stuffed Cookies
- Preheat oven to 160c.
- Remove the salted caramel from the freezer and break into small pieces.
- Break off a chunk of cool cookie dough and make a well. Place the caramel piece in the middle and cover over with the dough.
- Repeat until all the dough and caramel is used up.
- Bake in the oven for 14 minutes on a greased tray.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
YaconViva! Organic Yacon Syrup - Nature's Healthiest Sweetener (220g) and YaconViva! Organic Cacao Nibs Sweetened with Yacon (300g) Yacon sweetened Cacao Nibs are available now from Amazon UK, good health stores and from yaconviva.co.uk